Join the Blanning & Baker Team
WHO WE ARE
Blanning & Baker Associates, Inc. is a full-service consulting firm that provides management expertise and a wide array of professional and administrative services including labor relations, association management, legislative advocacy, and strategic communications to organizations large and small. We are committed to creating value, building strong organizations, and using the team approach to help our clients achieve their goals and objectives.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Blanning & Baker Associates, Inc. is seeking a full-time Union Membership Coordinator and Recruiter to support the Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG – State Bargaining Unit 9) and other labor clients. The ideal candidate is organized, proactive, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate can work with others to find solutions and prioritize tasks. If you are a problem solver and team player, we want to hear from you and hope you can learn and grow with the Blanning & Baker team.
Mainly Sacramento, CA, but PECG and other clients have members statewide.
- Recruit union members through weekly orientations, area information meetings, membership meetings, and new member recruitment appointments and special events.
- Develop organizing skills of union leaders and members.
- Identify, recruit, train, and develop union leaders.
- Execute educational campaigns for incoming new members.
- Mobilize, turnout, and engage membership.
- Mobilize workers around worksite issues, and other working condition issues.
- Maintain database with accurate and detailed information on membership, worksites, and union leaders.
- Plan and mobilize leaders and members for worksite actions, union events, marches, etc.
- Conduct one-on-ones, site visits, and organizer-led member meetings.
- Prepare and manage workplans, calendars, files, and records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Set up and attend large meetings for members of PECG and other clients (in-person and virtual).
- Maintain calendars – scheduling meetings and appointments in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
- Answer client calls and emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Under direction, coordinate reports for union leaders and members.
- Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Zoom and other virtual meeting platforms.
- Good time-management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of clients.
- Prepare, draft, proofread, and send professional correspondence.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Some knowledge of labor rights & contract language, and the ability to learn these quickly.
- Work effectively in team settings, as well as independently.
- Willingness to travel and ability to accept temporary assignments within statewide regions.
- The Membership Coordinator and Recruiter is required to have a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and a working automobile.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Candidates with union background, similar organizing experience, or strong desire to work in the field welcome.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Retirement contributions.
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits.
- $5,000-$8,000 per month, depending on experience.