Labor relations consulting firm seeks Labor Relations Representative to join dynamic and diverse staff to help guide union members through various phases of their employment.
- Interpret and apply provisions of collective bargaining agreements for state employees
- Represent individual union members on issues related to unfair labor practice charges, disciplinary hearings, statutory appeals, investigatory interviews, and other administrative hearings
- Investigate, recommend, and prepare grievances to ensure governmental compliance with laws, policies, and collective bargaining agreements
- Brief client leadership on statewide or national labor issues of concern.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and knowledge of state employment-related issues
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to research, interpret, and apply statutes, regulations, and state policies in the field of labor relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience serving as a labor representative, ideally with state or public employees
- Experience working with California’s State Personnel Board, CalHR, and state agencies preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and credibility with diverse groups including state employees, stakeholders, state agencies, client leadership, and colleagues
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office applications and collaborative programs such as Airtable and Google Drive
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Retirement contributions
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits
To apply: please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com.